Purchase ApplicationRegister as a buyer from us
Thank you for interest in registering as a buyer from Whatnot. Fabric. Furniture. Leather. Please note that we are a trade only supplier and as such you must be a bonafide member of the design and décor and/or hospitality industry to purchase from us.
We endeavour to respond within 48 hours regards the success of your application. Please do call on 011 444 2722 with any queries.
TERMS AND CONDITONS OF TRADE
ORDERS AND CANCELLATIONS
- All orders are to be made in writing to email@example.com
- It is the buyer’s responsibility to check invoices for correct descriptions, colours and pricing. No responsibility can be taken for orders paid for, which are then deemed to be incorrect. It is the buyers’ responsibility to check items delivered to a 3rd party too.
- A written order is a confirmed order. COD fabric orders are cut, and leather selected, against payment, and account holder fabric orders are immediately cut, and leather selected. Thus, should a written order be cancelled after product has been cut or selected it will attract a handling fee.
- Should you not be sure of the order please therefore request a quote and reserve the product.
- A 10% handling fee is charged on leather returned within one week of purchase, thereafter NO credit can be entertained.
- A 20% handling fee is charged on fabric returned within one week of purchase, thereafter NO credit can be entertained.
- No returns can be considered on fabric orders less than 6m.
- The purchaser is to arrange and pay the transport costs of returned items.
- For curtaining, please assist the orders process by specifying cut drop sizes.
- Check stock on items marked with an * on the pricelist.
- A deposit of 50% is required for special orders
- Minimum cut order is for 1m, and sold in 10cm increments.
PRICE AND PAYMENT
- All prices are ex VAT. Prices can change from time to time due to exchange rate fluctuations.
- Payment is COD except where alternate arrangements are in place. Credit is offered at Whatnot’s discretion.
- Roll price is given at 5% discount from trade price for a roll of approx. 50m. It is industry standard that five flaws MAY be present per roll, and these must be accepted as part of a roll purchase. The discount offered is to provide for the potential flaws. It is not a bulk discount.
- Cut lengths cannot be specified for roll orders taken at roll price.
- Leather hides are approx. four square metres in size. They are priced per square metre, and sold per hide. Hides cannot be cut to size.
- Final supplied quantities may differ from the amount ordered, due to colour matching and varying hide sizes.
- Items can be reserved for 24 hours, thereafter the reserve automatically falls away.
- Transport is charged on all deliveries. Please state on your order if you are collecting your goods from our Johannesburg showroom.
- Goods remain the property of Whatnot Natural Fabrics until they have been fully paid for. We reserve the right to uplift goods made-up, unpaid fabric or leather.
- Costs incurred in debt recovery become part of your debt.
- Goods must be checked for flaws, colour and length promptly as NO responsibility can be taken for errors or issues once the product has been cut.
- Returns/claims on flawed items are to be lodged within 10 working days of delivery of the items or no queries can be entertained.
- The purchaser is responsible for a quality inspection on goods delivered to a third party.
- Please always consider that a table measurement can differ slightly to a machine measurement. Allowance should be made for this.
- Liability for defects on returned items is limited to the value of the original goods and does not extend to manufacturing costs.
- NO CLAIMS CAN BE ENTERTAINED FOR ITEMS ALREADY CUT OR MADE UP.
THE NATURE OF THE PRODUCT
- Slubs and weave variances in natural fabrics are not flaws, they are part of the character of natural fabrics.
- Variances between dye lots are unavoidable. Please ask for a current cutting.
- Natural fabrics can shrink and should be pre-washed prior to use. Fabric can shrink further on subsequent washes. We offer this service, and stock some fabrics already pre-washed.
- Leather is a natural product and finish and colour can vary from batch to batch. Ask for a recent cutting.
- Natural grain or aniline leathers feature natural markings, small nicks, subtle scratches and even brand marks. This is part of their character. Corrected grain leathers have a uniform texture and colour.
- Leather and hair-on skins are sold as a piece and can’t be cut.
- Please follow washing and care instructions carefully.
- Cuttings, loan sample books and appro. pieces are available to trade clients for your use.
- Sample books are also available for purchase at a subsidised price.
- Customers who spend more than R40 000 with Whatnot within a calendar year qualify for free sampling within the following year.
- The cost of appro. pieces and books not returned after two weeks will be added to your account. Please ensure that returns are signed off by a member of the Whatnot staff.
Please confirm your VAT status in the form below